Welcome

Hi you have found my blog, you may be interested to follow my activites.

I mostly do things with cars, and Amateur Radio, my station callsign is currently (2E0KVA) and hold an intermediate level licence. I mostly use phone, and dont do much operating on the key, but am trying to get better at CW.

You may have had the opertunity to speak to me on the air, if so leave me a comment or a message. So 73s to those ham radio operators that may be visiting. Also if you want to get into ham radio let me know and I can advise you where to begin this very diverse hobby.

I also dabble with electronics and computers in my spare time, so keep watching for some interesting projects I may be working on.

I'm a typical Brit so expect some banter and humor.
If you can't take it you know where the door is.

Saturday, March 20, 2010

200310 Saturday, and preperation for flight on Sunday.

Hi all,

I have had a very lazy weekend.... Ive pretty much just slept most of the day, and when I got up, I sat at my computer and giggled at some YouTube videos... That pretty much sums me up. The highlight of course was some creative users who used the XP voice Microsoft Sam, to make strange noises, some made me smirk.



On Friday night I sat and completed Saints Row 2 on Steam, I must say its a pretty short game. Saying that, there are hundreds of side quests with unlockable content. I'l discus this more in another post...

Anyway I did do a few constructive things, I did prepare myself for the flight to MN, for a Service visit for Monday that I will be leaving for in about 4 hours time... (moan)

I got everything I need for this visit, and sent the tool kit and spare parts to the customer earlier, so everything is there for when I arrive. Depending on how much time we have when I land, the customer wants me to visit the factory on sunday as he fears we may run out of time on Monday - so it makes sence to do any diagnostics on the electrical system and functionality tests then, and change the blade shaft on monday.

The problem is the tight schedule, I have from 7AM till 3PM on monday, and i have to change the oil and change a blade shaft complete with its bearings. This can be either an easy or difficult job depending on the condition of the machine; Im going to assume it is going to be poorly looked after, so im expecting rust and many problems. While I will note down these problems, I will prioritize the blade shaft change and get that done. any time left over is a bonus.

I hate airports, I would have liked to drive, even tho it is over 700 miles away, it would have been great to see more of the USA.






No comments:

Post a Comment